COVID-19: Measures Penha Duty Free is taking
March 16, 2020
CURACAO – In response to the elevated risks of the COVID-19 virus, Penha Duty Free is closely monitoring the situation at a global and local level. We are following the guidelines of the World Health Organization and local governments. We have also implemented the following policies and procedures related to COVID-19:
– Encourage employees who are sick to stay home.
– Prohibit all business travel to those countries on the WHO watch list.
– Implemented new policies around workplace and personal hygiene.
– Closure of some of our stores to help keep the virus contained. We are keeping other stores open to continue to serve both locals and tourists already on the islands.
– Implementation of social distancing policies for staff and customers.
– Minimal staffing in the stores to allow staff to stay home and care for their families.
This pandemic will have an impact on all of us, and tourism evidently will decline over the coming months. Although this is a difficult time, we remain positive because until now, the islands in which our stores are located remain under control. There have been some cases of COVID-19 identified but thankfully until now, the infected people remain isolated. Governments have done a good job by locking down international travel (cruise-ships and flights). We remain hopeful that Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Grand Cayman and St. Maarten will not become hotspots for the virus.
We will continue to communicate with you as and when new changes occur. Please keep an eye on our social media for the most recent updates and adjusted opening hours of stores.